Dreamy Smiths Lake is nestled in the Myall Lake National Park on the Barrington Coast. It offers a tranquil, coastal lifestyle with lovely mild climate, attracting holidaymakers and residents who never want to leave. With its serpentine lake, pristine white beaches and saline, crystal clear waters, Smiths Lake has an abundance of natural beauty as it meanders its way to the Pacific Ocean and beyond.
Perfect for weekend retreats escaping the city, or young families and all those who especially love swimming, boating, fishing and paddling about. There’s plenty to explore here in sub tropical rain forests or on Smiths Lake three islands: Big Island, Little Island, and Bull Island. Discover World War Two anti-tank concrete bollards too, when the area was considered the most likely invasion point for the Japanese troops.
Sydney is approximately 3.5 hours away while Newcastle is 1.5 hours drive. Forster is only 20 mins away. Once you visit Smiths Lake, you’ll fall in love with it.
WELLNESS & PAMPERING
- Bluey’s Yoga in Patsy’s Flat, Smiths Lake
- Bluey’s Beach Natural Health Centre
- Yoga Heart and Healing in Pacific Palms
EXPLORE & DISCOVER
- Fish or 4 WD at SandBar Beach
- Surf at Cellito Beach
- Kayak, paddle or swim on Smiths Lake
- Picnic and launch boats at John Debert Reserve in Smiths Lake (with kiddies playground and boat ramp).
- Tour or hire a SUP from the “recky” (Pacific Palms Recreational Club) or from near Frothy Coffee on the foreshore of Smiths Lake
- Hire a canoe, paddle board or join a guided tour from Adacou, located at 131 Seal Rocks Rd, Bungwahl NSW, or call 0416 427 661
- Walk Cellito’s stunning boardwalk under the canopy of rainforest
- Booti Booti and lakeside walking track
- Whoota Whoota Lookout in Wallingat National Park
- Take a journey along The Lakes Way, a winding coastal road past forests, lakes and headland lookouts
- Taste test gin (an hour away) in The Farmer’s Wife Distillery
- Support local businesses in cafes, restaurants, galleries, tours and shops
- Picnic on Brambles Reserve on the lake or launch your craft from the shallow waters of Tarbuck Bay
- Find the World War Two relics.
- Grab some retail therapy at the Pacific Palms Community Market on the last Sunday of the month (9am – 1pm). Located around Pacific Palms Community Centre on the Lakes Way, Elizabeth Beach
- Grazing Board or Wine and Cheese Flight at Great Lakes Paddocks Winery Cooloonglolook (50mins)
- Flavoursome, great value Indo-inspired nosh at Kembali Cafe, located at 2/188 Boomerang Dr, Blueys Beach
- The Good Food Store – 58 Macwood Rd, Smiths Lake
- Discover this Spring 2022, the regions finest producers at The Great Lakes Food Trail
- You’ll find real passion for food (sweet and savoury boxes can be pre arranged) at Brunched by Jenna, supplying the Barrington Coast with Gourmet Brunched Boxes, freshly made for your order, or call 0432 514 354
- Have coffee and cake at Frothy Coffee boat shed suspended over the water – 1 Amaroo Drive, Smith’s Lake
- Sea and Salt Grazing Co Pacific Palms – specialise in grazing boxes and cheese platters and deliver locally. Located in Smiths Lake
- Palms Artisan Bakery, Coombs Road, Charlotte Bay
- Modern European dining at Il Salone Forster
- The area is known for its oysters. Both Barclays Oysters and Elkins Oysters (located in Forster ph 0427 431 131 sell direct to the public or people can motor their boat across Wallis Lake to Hamilton’s Oyster Bar and Restaurant at Tuncurry
- Find fresh produce sourced daily at The Friendly Grocer – Shops 2&3 Macwood Road, Village Centre, Smiths Lake
- Indulge at Smiths Lake Bakery – 6 Macwood Rd
- At the local markets – try sourdough etc from Palms Artisan Bakery (their produce is stocked at some local outlets such as Blueys Cellars and Gourmet Deli)
- Pick up some fresh seafood at Wallis Lake Fishermen’s Co Op
- Bluey’s Cellars and gourmet Deli – 197 Boomerang Dr, Blueys Beach NSW
- Pick up a grazing box to savour
- Monin’s Seafood at Tuncurry – very good fresh, Australian seafood
- Thirtythree Degrees – 1 Palm Street, Tuncurry, NSW
- Tricia’s on Bluey’s Art Gallery
- Occasionally, exhibition of local art is sold at the Pacific Palms Recreational Club
- Raw Edge Photography Gallery at Boomerang Beach
- Blue Thumb Artworks in Smiths Lake
If you’ve decided Smith’s Lake sounds like an amazing holiday destination, why not browse our Stays with as WOW accommodation options.