Wellness & Pampering
- Gaia Retreat & Spa – Indulge in a luxurious spa experience surrounded by lush greenery and rolling hills
- Join a calming Yoga and Meditation Retreat. Some retreats here often combine yoga and meditation sessions with spa treatments, healthy meals, and relaxation time. It’s a holistic approach to well-being, catering to individuals of all skill levels
- Byron Bay Detox Retreats: Specializes in holistic detox programs that include yoga, meditation, spa treatments, and educational workshops on health and well-being
- Crystal Creek Rainforest Retreat – offers private rainforest cabins with spa baths, rainforest walks, and gourmet dining options. Guests can indulge in spa treatments in the privacy of their accommodation
- The Byron at Byron Resort and Spa: Many wellness packages include gourmet meals using locally sourced, organic ingredients. The emphasis is on nourishing the body with wholesome and delicious food
- Hot Stone Therapy and Aromatherapy
- Day Spas in the Hinterland – there are various day spas offer specialized treatments such as hot stone therapy and aromatherapy massages, providing a deeply relaxing and rejuvenating experience
- Holistic Healing Packages at the Byron Bay Holistic Massage Centre: Offers holistic healing packages combining various massage techniques, energy healing, and aromatherapy to promote physical, mental, and emotional well-being
- Boutiques with well being products:
Explore and Discover
- Crystal Castle and Shambhala Gardens – unique attraction featuring crystal formations, botanical gardens, and spiritual sculptures
- Byron Bay Arts and Industry Estate – a diverse range of galleries and studios showcasing local artwork
- Join a Byron Bay hinterland wine tour and discover the local wines, and enjoy the beautiful vineyard landscapes
- Browse Bangalow – a charming village known for its historic architecture, boutique shops, and gourmet dining options
- Visit Newrybar – a historic village with its antique stores and visit the Harvest Cafe and Deli for locally sourced produce
- Drive, hike or bush walk through Nightcap National Park to explore the lush rainforest, waterfalls, and unique flora and fauna.
- The Minyon Falls and Protesters Falls are also popular attractions in these parts
- Border Ranges National Park: Enjoy scenic walks, waterfalls, and panoramic views of the surrounding hinterland
- Take a scenic drive through
- Bangalow to Lismore Drive – take a leisurely drive through the countryside, passing by the historic village of Bangalow and exploring the vibrant city of Lismore
- Head onto the Nimbin Road to the alternative town of Nimbin, known for its colorful murals, eclectic shops, and a laid-back atmosphere
- Visit Nimbin Museum and learn about the alternative culture of Nimbin through exhibits and displays
- Explore the historical artifacts and buildings showcasing the area’s heritage at Mullumbimby Heritage Park
- Go on a Hot Air Balloon Ride and experience the breathtaking views of the hinterland from a hot air balloon.
- The Bangalow Hotel – 12 min drive and serves classic pub-style fare with a focus on hearty meals. This may include a range of options such as burgers, steaks, fish and chips, and other pub favorites.
- Woods, Bangalow – 13 min drive. The vibe rests between morning coffee stop, cafe, eatery and a casual popup early dinner spot during summers. Seasonal and locally sourced
- Red Ginger – 12 min drive. 2/111 Jonson St, Byron Bay NSW. Excellent yum cha and hot tea
- Doma Cafe – 10 min drive at 6-8 Kunzea Place, Federal and is known for its Japanese-inspired cuisine. The menu features a mix of Japanese and Australian flavors and a chilled outdoor seating area. Try the mouth-wateringly good, melt in your mouth, wasabi steak sanga
- Bang Burger & Bar – 12 min drive
- Benilato Gelato, Newrybar – authentic Italian gelato
- Clunes stores, Clune – pick up some fresh, local goodness and culinary delights for an afternoon by the pool or fire pit
- Eltham Pub – 441 Boatharbour Road, Eltham and is a historic pub with a restaurant that offers a diverse menu using local and seasonal produce. It’s a great spot for a casual meal in a rustic setting
- Ciao mate, Bangalow –
- Common People Brewery – 9 Dudgeons Lane, Bangalow. This a new craft brewery in Bangalow, right in the heart of the Byron Hinterland with a beautiful tasting room
- Mangosteen restaurant and bar– 38 Byron St, Bangalow NSW 2479. Serving Japanese dishes from woodfire oven and fermentation UMAMI and the wisdom of Japanese food magic
- Harvest, Newrybar – featuring a coffee cart, a bakery, & a village green, plus event space. The Harvest deli is open daily from 6:30am – 3pm and our Deli open from 7:30am to 3:30pm. Coffee, freshly baked pastries, bread, sandwiches, salads and lunch.
- The Hut, Possum Creek – celebrates the Mediterranean way of life.
- Fridas Field, Nashua – Create your dream wedding with stunning hinterland views and award-winning food and drink. On-site bridal suite. Amazing ceremony sites and photo opportunities. Designer barn.
- Pantry 29, Bangalow – 29 Byron St, NSW- is a deli-style take-away cafe in the heart of Bangalow. They cater for smaller and more casual events: pre-wedding nibbles, bridal parties and family get togethers
- Butcher Baker, Bangalow -inspired by the age old artisan trades of butchery and baking, this establishment brings honest food and good times. Located in a beautiful heritage building
- Three Blue Ducks at The Farm – 11 Ewingsdale Road, Ewingsdale – is a popular spot offering a farm-to-table dining experience. The menu features fresh, locally sourced ingredients, many of which are grown on-site.
- The various markets in the hinterland, such as the Bangalow Markets and Mullumbimby Farmers Market, offer an opportunity to sample local produce, artisanal foods, and gourmet treats
- Pick up some of the region’s finest coffee and macadamia nuts, grown locally thanks to the volcanic soils provided by nearby Mount Warning
- Honesty boxes – take a leisurely drive and pick up some local produce. Everything tastes that much better when you’re cruising the countryside for your goodness
- Bangalow Farmers Markets – Saturday mornings
- Newrybar Markets – Wednesday afternoons
- Bangalow Markets – held on the fourth Sunday of each month, featuring handmade crafts, fresh produce, and live music.
- The Channon Craft Market – known for its alternative and eco-friendly products, held on the second Sunday of each month
- Rowie, Bangalow
- Assembly Label
- Island Luxe Bangalow –
Menswear and Womenswear, designer homewares and accessories. Discover new designer labels.
- Our Corner Store, Bangalow – 1/36 Byron St, Bangalow NSW 2479
- Millar & More, Bangalow
- Bisque Traders, Bangalow
- Belle & Ford, Bangalow
- Collecta Rara, Bangalow
- Newrybar Merchants
- The Flower Bar Co – beautiful fresh blooms and homewares
- Luther & Co, Newrybar – 19 Old Pacific Hwy, Newrybar NSW 2479
If you think Byron Bay hinterland sound like an amazing holiday destination, why not see our Stays with a WOW accommodation.